Yachtsman vs. Cali Gril

Well here we are second guessing again! We love Cali Gril, but we have not yet dined at Yachtsman. To be honest the desert menu at Yachtsman looks a bit lackluster. So, decisions decisions! Which do you like best?

I voted for Yachtsman because it really is a top notch steak house. I agree the dessert menu is a bit week, however the wine menu is quite nice, or at least it was last time I was there.

Who will be going? With kids I might be more inclined to go Cali, adult night out, Yachtsman. At least for me :wink:

-Harry

Go with the menu that moves you the most.

they are two very different experiences. Which menu is the one that makes your mouth water?

we like both equally for different reasons, so I cannot vote in your poll

I’ve always wanted to try Yachtsman, but haven’t got there yet… I’m afraid I’m one of those people who are sort of underwhelmed by Cali Grill. To me it seems they just try too hard. I’m not a fan of fusion. “Cranberry Caviar”? Seriously.:glare: So - I’d try Yachtsman - the nice thing about WDW is that you can always skip dessert there and have it somewhere else.

Cranberry caviar? What is going on up there.

the first time we had dinner at the Grill, you all heard me complain about the underwhelming service and I am not happy that they are not really enforcing their own dress code.
But we really have enjoyed our last two dinners there. So now you have me worried about this cranberry mess you are talking about. I have to go and check the menu :pirate:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1123533]Cranberry caviar? What is going on up there.

the first time we had dinner at the Grill, you all heard me complain about the underwhelming service and I am not happy that they are not really enforcing their own dress code.
But we really have enjoyed our last two dinners there. So now you have me worried about this cranberry mess you are talking about. I have to go and check the menu :pirate:[/QUOTE]

Heaven forbid that Mrs. Foo be worried about cranberry conncotions! I’m sure it’s not on the menu. The first (and only time) we dined there we had this pretentious little snot of a server who was rhyming off the specialties (all the while looking down his nose at us) and there was one that was accompanied by “cranberry caviar”. I think I burst out laughing. I’ll never forget it. Needless to say, Snippy Boy was not impressed.

We must have been dealing with this very same pretentious server :pinch:
I hate it when people that depend on tips don’t recognize the value of making nice with the guests

Do you want a rib eye?
It’s Yachtsman’s or Shula’s.
If you want different and a view, it’s California Grill.

I’m not voting because this comes down to what you want to eat.
Both, well, all three are worth the time and money.

We have decided to stay with Yachtsman. I really enjoy a good steak, and it is true that if we can satisfy a sweet tooth all over DW.

Good choice. As for dessert, you could walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery and take something yummy home or drop in at Beaches and Cream for a sundae, (although I think the Kitchen Sink would be a little too filling after a steak!:laugh:)

Who would have room for dessert after eating at the Yachtsman :laugh:

Well, true…but they were concerned because they heard that the desserts at the Yachtsman weren’t that great…

I voted for Yachtsman just because you should try the both.

If you’re wandering, check out the Beach Club’s lobby shop (name escapes me).
They also have various dessert offerings there, even cannoli and gelato.
This serves as a QS location for Yacht/Beach.