Yak & Yeti, Yes or No?

This place was just opening when we were last at WDW?

We only have 5 full service meals. Should this be one of the remaining 3 ('Ohana & Chef Mickey’s have top spots)?

I think it is good but not great. At Ak, if you are looking for a place, and characters- Tusker House is now a table service buffet… and a character meal… Just an idea.

I love Yak and Yeti! It’s a new favorite for me and Sara.

If you like PF Changs you will like Y&Y. I’ve enjoyed every meal I have had there…oh and they have great restrooms (I know how important that is to you.

Never heard of PF Changs, until I saw it mentioned in another thread about Y&Y.

Good restrooms are important though! (And I mean this! Have you ever eaten at a place, and then gone to use the restroom, only to discover it’s a filthy pit with no handsoap or paper towels? Always makes me wonder what the employees are doing without soap. :blow:)

Anyway, I BELIEVE I have 1 yes vote from Dana, 1 no vote from hanwill, and one “if” vote from tigger.

I liked Y&Y but if I had to make a choice I would rather do breakfast at Tusker House. Some of my favorite one point restaurants are (in no order):

Le Cellier Steakhouse (Lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
Chefs De France (Dinner)
Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room (Lunch or Dinner)
50’s Prime Time Cafe (Lunch or Dinner)
T-Rex (Downtown Disney)
Boma (any meal)
Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Kouzzina by Cat Cora
Grand Floridian Cafe
Crystal Palace
The Turf Club Bar & Grill
Kona Cafe
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Breakfast) the meal includes a pictue of you and Belle, the princesses walk around during your meal.

Hope this helps

I absolutely vote yes. The food is good, the beer is better and the air conditioning rocks which is always nice in Florida.

I am not completely sure if they participate in the Meal Plan so you should check on that if that is your plan. I know they do not honor the Tables in Wonderland Card.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1104802]Never heard of PF Changs, until I saw it mentioned in another thread about Y&Y.

[/QUOTE]

You really do live in the sticks don’t you…

Y&Y takes the meal plan.

If by “sticks” you mean 1 hour from downtown St. Louis, then, yes, I do. :laugh:

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1104803]I liked Y&Y but if I had to make a choice I would rather do breakfast at Tusker House. Some of my favorite one point restaurants are (in no order):

Le Cellier Steakhouse (Lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
Chefs De France (Dinner)
Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room (Lunch or Dinner)
50’s Prime Time Cafe (Lunch or Dinner)
T-Rex (Downtown Disney)
Boma (any meal)
Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Kouzzina by Cat Cora
Grand Floridian Cafe
Crystal Palace
The Turf Club Bar & Grill
Kona Cafe
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Breakfast) the meal includes a pictue of you and Belle, the princesses walk around during your meal.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

We’ve eaten at most of these. The food at 50’s Prime Time was awful for us–I mean, “I-don’t-want-to-eat-a-second-bite” awful.

Is Chef de France the new place in Epcot?
Is Kouzzina the place that replaced my beloved Spoodles?

I have been wondering about Yak and Yeti too. I have an ADR for rainforest at AK. Should I switch it over to Y & Y?

My youngest DD was just accepted at Washington U for grad school. Now I know where to send her if she needs a home cooked dinner !

-Harry

Absolutely!

Yes Kouzzina replaced Spoodles. They have almost the same breakfast items, that Spoodles had. Sorry to hear about your experience with 50’s Prime Time Cafe, we’ve always enjoyed their food and atmosphere.

You have a YES for Y&Y from this Dope. Try and get seated upstairs at a window and watch the world go by.

And a huge NO for Tusker House. What ever I caught there last January ruined 3 of our days at WDW. Never in my life would I go near that place again.

:eek::eek:

YES

Yes! You must go there. :slight_smile:

If St Louis is the biggest big city than yeah.

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1104815]My youngest DD was just accepted at Washington U for grad school. Now I know where to send her if she needs a home cooked dinner !

-Harry[/QUOTE]

We’re going to have to meet up again!