Yak & Yeti

came across some info today,it is owned by the landrys,which also owns rainforest andt-rex

I’m surprised you weren’t already aware Yak And Yeti was part of the Landy family.
And if anyone’s interested, there’s also a Landry’s Seafood House on on the northbound side of SR 535 just south of I-4.

But anyway, Yak and Yeti is similar to (but different than) Rainforest, except there isn’t the heavy animatronic background.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1082527]I’m surprised you weren’t already aware Yak And Yeti was part of the Landy family.
And if anyone’s interested, there’s also a Landry’s Seafood House on on the northbound side of SR 535 just south of I-4.

But anyway, Yak and Yeti is similar to (but different than) Rainforest, except there isn’t the heavy animatronic background.[/QUOTE]

something I should’ve known,but didn’t …but in some cases the buffet waitresses might substitue for the animatronics,just kidding so don’t pick on me

also if that is true what other restaurants at WDW are owned by outside sources…I know a couple in epcot…napoli,etc…what would be others INSIDE the parks

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1082527]
But anyway, Yak and Yeti is similar to (but different than) Rainforest, except there isn’t the heavy animatronic background.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend, but I have to strongly disagree with this statement. Yak and Yeti is one place we eat at A LOT and I have never found a similarity between it and Rainforest Cafe ~ another place we frequent.

The atmosphere is wonderful at Yak and Yeti and if its not too busy, request a table upstairs by the window and people watch your way through your meal. If you want a quick lunch and don’t want to wait, I suggest a seat at the bar. Full menu is available there and the service is quick!

The food is delicious ~ I LOVE the dumplings and the lo mein. Try the green beans ~ to die for!! I find the portion sizes to be very large there compare to many other WDW options.

I completely agree.

[QUOTE=Jen;1082843]Sorry my friend, but I have to strongly disagree with this statement. Yak and Yeti is one place we eat at A LOT and I have never found a similarity between it and Rainforest Cafe ~ another place we frequent.

The atmosphere is wonderful at Yak and Yeti and if its not too busy, request a table upstairs by the window and people watch your way through your meal. If you want a quick lunch and don’t want to wait, I suggest a seat at the bar. Full menu is available there and the service is quick!

The food is delicious ~ I LOVE the dumplings and the lo mein. Try the green beans ~ to die for!! I find the portion sizes to be very large there compare to many other WDW options.[/QUOTE]

I am so looking forward to going back. IN TWO WEEKS!!

We also love the atmosphere, and we have found the meals to be extremely good, and it is just a wonderful meal to have in the middle of a hot summer day at the AK. Now, the Rainforest,on the otherhand, I don’t think you could pay me to eat there. :laugh:

is this the table to counter service?

I have had both, but I was referring to the table service. I don’t really think I would like to do the counter service in the August heat. :slight_smile:

Look at your countdown! Only 11 days, how wonderful.

Yes!! I am so excited. We took last year off, so I am really really really ready to go. Your TR’s have been helping make the last few weeks of waiting easier!

Let me understand.
I posted that Y&Y was similar to, but different than, a statement that can’t be disagreed with, and yet, two people disagree?
Maybe you should have thought to ask me what the similarities were, considering I said it was different than.

In short, it’s another of Landry’s themed restaurants and in truth, their menu is very different than the T-Rex/Rainforest menus. And again, there are no animatronics, or are you going to disagree with that too?

I always thought Y&Y was a brightly colored PF Chang :wink:

I’ve never tried a PF Chang.
For multiple reasons starting with there isn’t one nearby and continuing right through they don’t deliver.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1084364]I’ve never tried a PF Chang.
For multiple reasons starting with there isn’t one nearby and continuing right through they don’t deliver.[/QUOTE]

PF Chang is pretty good…you need to get out more :wink:

Oh come now, you’ve met the wife.
She really doesn’t like to dine out when we’re at home.
Heck, she doesn’t even like to go out for any reason when she’s home.
She’s a cave dweller:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1084378]Oh come now, you’ve met the wife.
She really doesn’t like to dine out when we’re at home.
Heck, she doesn’t even like to go out for any reason when she’s home.
She’s a cave dweller:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I think she is embarrassed to take you out in public :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:

Really I understand we don’t like to eat out much. I would much rather cook up something myself…

[QUOTE=tigger;1084379]I think she is embarrassed to take you out in public :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh:
[/QUOTE]

I swear, keep this up and I’ll be forced to drug you, put you in a pink tutu, and toss you in the Fountain of Nations with a sign around your neck reading “Boss Mouse Fan Club”.:eek:

You are bad at threats…I would do that without the drugs!

Yes but the right drugs will enhance your experience:rolleyes: