Yea- no diaper bag this year!

Okay so I’m an admitted purse & shoe addict. :wub:That being said, I am SOOO happy that I finally get to go to Disney World without a diaper bag!! The baby is finally potty-trained (much thanks to a wonderful Cinderella toy castle bribe from last year’s trip!) Unfortunately, as all mothers know, I will still end up needing things at my fingertips (wet ones, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, etc. etc. ), but like all good divas, I still want to look cute:blush: So ladies, any suggestions for a great travel friendly purse/bag that looks cute yet is still functional?

Oh, I’m excited about this thread! We too are in the same boat!! Just finished potty training DD2. Our bribe was that Cinderella is coming to her 3rd B-Day party and of course princesses always use the potty!:laugh:

After 7 straight years of changing diapers I too am ready to ditch the diaper bag for somthing cuter!!

You guys make me feel really spoiled and lucky. My 2 year old decided a week before her birthday that she didn’t want to wear diapers anymore. Shes only had maybe 10 accidents since and none for the past month. I still have to take a diaper bag though since my baby is only 9 months old.
Enjoy shopping for a purse! Or you could just make one, Ive made several (pirates, cammie, hello kitty etc) and its nice to be able to customize to whatever you want.

I was soooo sick of carrying a diaper bag that when it came time to get a purse, I didn’t want one!! As it is now, if it isn’t a cross the body bag, I can’t be bothered!!

I am a fan of the Vera Bradley back pack.

http://www.pcfallon.com/QKbagsimages/QKS8426857E.jpg

I would probably add the matching coin bag so I could keep my credit cards…etc…in my pocket when I go on rides where I can’t bring a bag.

[QUOTE=dancing4disney;984505]I am a fan of the Vera Bradley back pack.

http://www.pcfallon.com/QKbagsimages/QKS8426857E.jpg

I would probably add the matching coin bag so I could keep my credit cards…etc…in my pocket when I go on rides where I can’t bring a bag.[/QUOTE]

I like Vera too! I use the large hipster! Holds wipes/camera/wallet/glasses/autograph books no prob! :happy:

I’m already in love with most things Vera- was considering the Large backpack. My MIL uses the hipster… Is it really enough room?

[QUOTE=WishIWasThere;984421]You guys make me feel really spoiled and lucky. My 2 year old decided a week before her birthday that she didn’t want to wear diapers anymore. Shes only had maybe 10 accidents since and none for the past month. I still have to take a diaper bag though since my baby is only 9 months old.
Enjoy shopping for a purse! Or you could just make one, Ive made several (pirates, cammie, hello kitty etc) and its nice to be able to customize to whatever you want.[/QUOTE]

I actually used to make my own purses(back before 3 kids to keep me running around all the time!)- really cute ones too made out of placemats… not really practical/hands free like I would need for this trip though.

[QUOTE=3DisneyDivas;984591]I’m already in love with most things Vera- was considering the Large backpack. My MIL uses the hipster… Is it really enough room?[/QUOTE]I also recommend the Vera Bradley large hipster. I think it’s plenty big enough. I carried a small pack of travel baby wipes that I found in the travel toiletries section of Target on our last trip and they fit perfectly! I also put in the little mini sizes of sunscreen and Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer. I have a little credit card/id holder that I got at the Gap, but the color is almost the same as my Vera bag, that keep my license and our Keys to the World in. I also kept our fastpasses safe there this last trip. My Sony cybershot fit in there too as well as my Kodak zi6. PLENTY of room! :happy:Good luck deciding what to buy—I :heart: purses and get excited just looking at them! DH always says to me when I’m drawn like a magnet to the purse section of any store, “That’s just what you need-another bag.” :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It’s a girl thing- I don’t think my DH will ever get it… he says I’m the only woman he knows that will buy the pants & top (even the undies!) on clearance but won’t hesitate to drop a few hundred on a new purse!!
Vera is at least reasonable & wayyy too cute!

I was thinking more like the big backpacks with many pockets. Ill have to pull out one of the ones I made to show you what I was talking about. I take it when we are going to be gone all day because I can store changes of clothes for everyone, food, drinks and a book without it looking stuffed (of course I still have to take the diaper bag because DH changes diapers during out day trips and he doesn’t want to carry a pink and purple bag around).

Well my DH normally carries a backpack (well, not really carries- it ends up under the stroller) but I may have solved my dilemma- I ordered this Travelon crossbody bag off of QVC this morning- once I get it I should have a better idea about the size & whether it’s actually going to meet my needs. I’ll let you know next week.

I have an LV backpack that I love…it has been all over Europe with me, and still looks good…it’s nearly indestructible…and it’s uni-sex enough that if I get tired of carrying it (with all the bottled waters, hand sanitizers, wallets, cameras, etc.), my DB or DS doesn’t mind schlepping it around for a while.

I don’t know a thing about purses, but can I tell a cute story off topic. Family went with a newly potty train DD. Family was so happy to Snow White, but the mom noticed her DD seemed to be missing something. DD was so excited to show Snow White her big girl snow white panties, she took them off, so Show White could get a better look. :eek::redface::laugh:

jo-jo, that’s HYSTERICAL!!! I’m sure Snow White appreciated the effort!