Yea or Nay on Marrakesh Restaurant

Okay, can you tell I’m working on my ADR’s???

Opinions of Marrakesh Restaurant in Morocco

One visit DH & I ducked in out of the rain mid-day and only ordered appetizer & Dessert to split. Believe both were the sampler type. It was a really good experience. Waiter wasn’t thrilled about it, but we enjoyed ourselves.

We like it alot. The belly dancer is great, really amazing, and the kids really love it. The food is good to very good. We went two years in a row, skipped a year, and are going again this year. If you are looking for something new, its a good bet.

I love Marrakesh but I don’t get to go often because Daniel isn’t a huge fan. I love the atmosphere, the belly dancing show, & last time we were there we got some family platter & it was DELICIOUS!!! I remember the chicken being so moist & delicious, not to mention the dessert sampler was AMAZING! I hope to go there again on an upcoming trip.

We have been there twice (once last summer and then spring break 2009). Both times were wonderful! Some of the meals have sugar and cinammon on them and I, personally, don’t like sugar and cinammon on my meat, so I ordered mine minus the sug/cinam and the meals I had both times were delicous! The service is nothing to write home about so don’t plan on it being a quick meal. I believe the belly dancer performs every hour on the hour so plan accordingly.

Oh, by the way, this is what we had each time: Sultan Sampler - grilled brochette of either beef or chicken (we had the beef) served with a Beef Brewat Roll and Chicken Bastilla served with vegetable couscous $21.95. The couscous is incredible, esp mixed with the juice from the beef…yummmy!

(By the way, I’m a pretty picky eater, we don’t have usually eat couscous or Moroccan food in general normally)

I think it’s the type of meal you should try once. We went two yrs ago and it was good, but we like other places better. People rave about the CS. We didn’t find it that great.
We ate the food, it wasnt’ awful, just not to our liking.

We tried Marrakesh for the first time this year and we really enjoyed it. I heard it was called, “Disney’s hidden gem”, and I think they were right. It is a very different experience that I think any Disney fan should try at least once.

That girl had more moves than my slinky.

I think there was food.

Love it! the food id good and the belly dancers are fun to watch. I wish I could move like that.:laugh:

We tried it last year - and it was good. Something you have to try at least once. We got the sampler platters which were a great deal on the dining plan. The place is beautiful and the belly dancer is fun to watch but it’s definately not on our must-do list. I’ve heard people rave about Morocco’s CS restaurant more then the TS. If you are up for trying something new, then I would give it a try!

The pluses:

Love the servers
Love that it’s usually very easy to get into
Love the mint tea
Love the desserts (especially the baklava)
Love the belly-dancer

The minuses:

The entrees are “good” - not “amazing” or anything. So that’s not really a “minus” - just not a “super plus”. Be willing to try something “a little different” (ie. spices you’re not use to on fish or meat - cinnamon, cloves, etc). But that’s half the fun!

Conclusion:

Go for it.

We’ve had great meals there. The service is always top-notch. At least for us, there is something for everyone on the menu.

We like to think it is our secret stop for meals. It is out of the way and most folks seem scared off - like they are serving monkey brains or something like that. :blink:

We will be booking something for the Thanksgiving trip.

I went last summer and had a great time. We got a fabulous server who was super attentive (in a good way…the kind that’s there instantly when you need them but doesn’t seem like they’re hovering; checks on you to make sure everything is okay; recommends good dishes, etc) The food was fabulous. The decor is really nice and the kids had fun with the belly dancer. They and you can join in.

I have no opinion and no experience.
It just doesn’t ignite my desire to try.

The service was great as was the entertainment; didn’t enjoy the food at all. Maybe it’s just a matter of taste (no pun intended.)

I really wanted to love the food after reading so many good review but, like you, I just didn’t like it. I’m guessing it’s my taste because almost every review I read is positive.

[QUOTE=sue299;983191]Okay, can you tell I’m working on my ADR’s???

Opinions of Marrakesh Restaurant in Morocco[/QUOTE]

Love it Love it Love it. The first time we were there, it was one of those rare experiences where I wanted to travel to the real place and try more of the cuisine from Morocco.

DD said she wants to try this her BF looked at the menu and said ehhhhh???

We really wanted to go here, but wanted to surprise BF and my DH about the belly dancers, how do we convince them?

[QUOTE=sue299;983569]DD said she wants to try this her BF looked at the menu and said ehhhhh???

We really wanted to go here, but wanted to surprise BF and my DH about the belly dancers, how do we convince them?[/QUOTE]

Never mind BF and DH - go for the servers - they’ll knock your socks off with their charm.:wub: Leave the guys at home.