Yikes....! Car rental

is through the roof:ohmy: I have mine all set.
Its a good half and more of what I am seeing
from all the companies:ohmy: I am just curious
on what everyone else is seeing or paying.
Dec 23-31 I thank you kindly

Just rented at Newark Airport in NJ for a business trip through AAA and it was the cheapest I ever found for a full size car.

[QUOTE=Franco54;1007396]is through the roof:ohmy: I have mine all set.
Dec 23-31 I thank you kindly[/QUOTE]

I use priceline.com for car rentals. I name my own price, rather than just accept what is charged as the “current rate” It has become the cheapest method for me to rent cars wherever I go.

Hotwire is the cheapest I have ever found.

Definitely! I use them all the time.

try alamo at the airport if you pre-pay you save 10% on any price we got a car for 9 days free upgrade to mid size for$148. our dates are dec dates

We rented a mini-van from Alamo for $296 for 4 days. You should try Costco travel.

We had a travel agent friend hunt down a car for us. We couldn’t believe the cost! We got lucky with Avis and have a car (just a modest mid-size) for 17 days for $600.00; Dec. 25 to Jan. 10.

When I went to Chicago I used Hotwire for the first time, and instead of spending 200+ for a sporty car, I spent about 148.

[QUOTE=Franco54;1007396]is through the roof:ohmy: I have mine all set.
Dec 23-31 I thank you kindly[/QUOTE]

California ended up costing me $154.00 on priceline with Hertz for a compact from the evening of 4 December to the early morning of 10 December… Just under $26.00 a day. :pirate:

Althought Franco is off already, here is a trick that I have used.

I find that booking directly with Alamo or National is a cheap as anyone. So I book the best rate I can find THEN as I get closer I keep checking the site, ESPECIALLY the last minute deals.

Two weeks ago I went from $35 per day for a full sized car to $20 per day on a last minute deal. Booked the $20 price then went back online and cancelled the $35 rental.