Yippee....I'm Goin' to Disneyland!

OMG OMG OMG! It’s official! I’m going to Disneyland for the first time! I’m so excited.

Heres the story…

DH has always wanted to go to Comic-Con in San Diego (for those of you that don’t know, Rob is a total Star Wars NUT). He has decided that he wants to go in 2010! So we are going to San Diego July 22 - July 26, 2010. My best friend Amy and her boy friend (who is also a Star Wars NUT) will be going with us. We have agreed to attend the convention one day but we want to do other stuff too Sooooo on the Star Wars day the boys will be going to the convention and Amy, Tyler and myself will be going to Disneyland. According to Mapquest it is about 1.5 hours from our hotel.

I can’t believe it…

1. I am gonna be doing Disney 2 times in one year
  2. I am getting 2 vacations in one year! Which never happens because we really save and budget for every trip we take. With my mom paying for the WDW trip that allows us to plan 2 vacations! I am so happy!

Anyway, I am sure I will have a ton of questions so thanks in advance everyone!

Love, Lisa

Great news!! How exciting!!

How exciting! Wow! a WDW and a DLR trip to plan? what could be better?

How exciting! Congrats!

Oh…My…Gawd! Im so excited for you!! I LOVE it when someone who is a Disney person gets to experience Disneyland for their first time! This is SO exciting! Im so happy for you, you will have an amazingly wonderful time. Are you going to DCA too or just DL?

I am thrilled for you. Its going to be awesome that you will get to experience the “original park” that was the beginning of it all. I can’t wait for a trip report so I can live vicareously through you.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;982002] Sooooo on the Star Wars day the boys will be going to the convention and Amy, Tyler and myself will be going to Disneyland. According to Mapquest it is about 1.5 hours from our hotel.
[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha.

An hour and a half in good traffic! Expect two.

You might consider the train. You can take the trolley from the convention center to the Amtrak station, and be up in Anaheim in an hour and half. WITHOUT the stress of California driving.

Something to think about.

You will truly enjoy Disneyland! :pirate:

Very exciting!!! Can’t wait to hear all about your Cali adventure:)

I don’t know yet. I would love to do both but I am not sure we will have the time. I know for sure that I can only go up one day and with a 5 year old I dont want to rush it. I know that we are going to do DL and go from there.

Lisa

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;982032]Ha Ha.

An hour and a half in good traffic! Expect two.

You might consider the train. You can take the trolley from the convention center to the Amtrak station, and be up in Anaheim in an hour and half. WITHOUT the stress of California driving.

Something to think about.

You will truly enjoy Disneyland! :pirate:[/QUOTE]

That is an option that I didn’t even know I had.

How far from DL is the train station in Anaheim? Would I need to take a cab? (not that I care) Is it expensive?

Thanks!

Lisa

Yippee is right!!! CONGRATS!! I have to agree with 626 about the traffic. Back in '00 & '01 I did Disneyland day trips from other parts of SoCal & driving was a NIGHTMARE! Even when we thought traffic would be clear, it wasn’t.

If you have the option of taking a quick & easy train ride I’d do it.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;983006]That is an option that I didn’t even know I had.

How far from DL is the train station in Anaheim? Would I need to take a cab? (not that I care) Is it expensive?

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

The train station in Anaheim is at/near Angel Stadium, which is very close to Disneyland. A cab would be a great way to get to DLR! Not sure how much it is though…

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;983006]That is an option that I didn’t even know I had.

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

You can see Disneyland from the Anaheim Train Station.

It’s about three miles from the park.

I can’t remember what I paid in December '07.

Somewhere between $5.00 - $12.00 or so.

I’m with Remy, I’ll live through you! I got the itch watching the DL part of the vacation video and I’m done for.
It’s so exciting! Your going to love it. I have never left my coast but I agree with the others taking the train seems the best way to go. I think it’s hard driving with or without a GPS in an area you’ve never been before.
Stick with easy.

Congrats! You’re going to have a great time!
We too were able to experience both WDW and DL last year, it was definately a treat for us too. You will love DL, oh, and all that is said about the traffic is very true!! I’ve never in my life seen traffic like Cali/LA traffic!!
Have a great time!

have a magical time!!!