Yippie I got it

In November my sister and I will be going to our favorite place, WDW. We were able to get ressies for a room at Art of Animation. We will be staying in one of the Little Mermaid buildings. We also got free dining. What more could you ask for. I guess good weather, if that is not too much to ask.

Congrats on the trip.

Hi Jackie-

Congrats on the trip! My friend also tried to book a trip with free dining in October but they were told, unfortunately, that the Art of Animation Resort doesn’t fall under the promotion :confused:

Could that be right? Should I have them call back and try speaking to someone else? They’re definitely traveling on non-block out dates.

[QUOTE=GoPats!;1115884]Hi Jackie-

Congrats on the trip! My friend also tried to book a trip with free dining in October but they were told, unfortunately, that the Art of Animation Resort doesn’t fall under the promotion :confused:

Could that be right? Should I have them call back and try speaking to someone else? They’re definitely traveling on non-block out dates.[/QUOTE]

The website states that the DP is not available to the standard room reservations such as Little Mermaid rooms. Could your friend perhaps be staying in that part of AOA?

Did you get a PIN offer? Little Mermaid is being excluded entirely from FREE dining. Make sure you got what you think you did. If you booked this yourself on Disney’s Website or on the phone - you did not get free dining unless you have a PIN.

OH ok. Yes, they did book a room in the Little Mermaid section. That must be why they didn’t qualify. Boo :frown:

Thank you for your responses!

[QUOTE=GoPats!;1115908]OH ok. Yes, they did book a room in the Little Mermaid section. That must be why they didn’t qualify. Boo :frown:

Thank you for your responses![/QUOTE]

Move to Pop!

Congrats on the trip!

I’m confused. I thought free dining was not available for AoA?

I had a pin. I had originally booked POP and when I saw AoA come up I changed the ressie to that. On my confirmation it says it has the free dining plan. I am paying $30 more for AoA over POP.

AoA is considered a “value” resort. Free dining is for CS only. However, you can pay the upgrade fee for FS dining. That’s what we did–moved from a FW cabin, with free dining, to AoA & paid for the meal upgrade. The difference was about $60 in savings.

A couple things drove my decision. 1) AoA is new. 2) AoA boasts the largest pool at WDW. 3) When you don’t have a car to use, FW is a transportation headache. You have to take a bus to everything in FW (including the pool) and then transfer to an external bus to get to the parks.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1116007]AoA is considered a “moderate” resort. Free dining is for CS only. However, you can pay the upgrade fee for FS dining. That’s what we did–moved from a FW cabin, with free dining, to AoA & paid for the meal upgrade. The difference was about $60 in savings.

A couple things drove my decision. 1) AoA is new. 2) AoA boasts the largest pool at WDW. 3) When you don’t have a car to use, FW is a transportation headache. You have to take a bus to everything in FW (including the pool) and then transfer to an external bus to get to the parks.[/QUOTE]

Disney’s website lists AOA as a value resort. From the pictures online I have seen, I would consider it a moderate, but Disney lists it as a Value resort.

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant it is a value resort, and as such does not get free FS dining.

The cabins at FW are considered a moderate resort. We switched from moderate to value and paid the meal difference.

Disney gave Art it’s own category and are calling it a “value plus” resort. It’s Disney’s answer to the “why don’t you have value rooms that sleep more than four” question. They also put the cabins in the moderate category, but I would call them a villa-ish place. Whatever…they all have to be called something because “other” wouldn’t be good for business…lol

Room that sleep many have their own category within the categories…

value room
value plus (family suite)
moderate room
moderate plus (cabin)
deluxe
deluxe villa (fancy digs)

lol - Silly as usual

Awesome! We’re booked at AoA for late Feb, in the Lion King suites.

[QUOTE=Dana;1116043]Disney gave Art it’s own category and are calling it a “value plus” resort. It’s Disney’s answer to the “why don’t you have value rooms that sleep more than four” question. They also put the cabins in the moderate category, but I would call them a villa-ish place. Whatever…they all have to be called something because “other” wouldn’t be good for business…lol

Room that sleep many have their own category within the categories…

value room
value plus (family suite)
moderate room
moderate plus (cabin)
deluxe
deluxe villa (fancy digs)

lol - Silly as usual[/QUOTE]

That’s not confusing at all!:glare:

Aww that’s so cool! I would LOVE to stay in AoA. I think the next time we go I will strongly suggest to the family staying on-site for at least a few days of the holiday. The hotels just look gorgeous!!

Have a great time!! :happy:

We’re in the LKS in September. Can’t wait to try it.