Yo ho ho cornish rum-mini english tr

Paul and I just returned from a mini break in Cornwall, England. A beautiful spot on the south west coast, renowned for its surfing beaching, pirates, smugglers and all things Cornish.
We stayed at the hotel Tregenna CastleWelcome to Tregenna Castle Hotel & Self Catering, St Ives; Tel 01736 795254situated in St IvesThe History of St Ives - Cornwall | Tate Gallery St. Ives | Barbara Hepworth Museum which is a small fishing port, and is known for its stunning natural coastal beauty and for being the backdrop for many film locations such as Disney’s Treasure Island, Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton version) Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour.

BBC - Pirates of the Caribbean filming in St Ives

I just thought some of you may be interested to have a look at an English holiday town, some of our coastal scenery, and some of our buildings and beauty spots.
I will just post some photos and a small description of what and where it is:happy:

The first photos are in the hotel’s grounds. The hotel is surrounded by beautiful woodland which is abundant with lots of wildlife and birds and many sub tropical plants. The weather in Cornwall is much warmer than the rest of the country hence the ability to grow Palms and other tropical plants.
[ATTACH][ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Whoa.

This is in England? As in Great Britain? I need to get out more.

The next set of photo’s are of the beautiful beaches. The beach at Newquay, Cornwall is very popular with surfers who come from as far away as Australia to ride the waves there. Also, Watergate Bay has some amazing waves too. I dont know if any of you are familiar with Jamie Oliver the chef? But he has a terrific restaurant there which overlooks the bay.
These photos are St Ives Bay (Porthminster Beach) and Watergate Bay and the one with the fishing trawler in was at Padstow, another working harbour.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1071746]Whoa.

This is in England? As in Great Britain? I need to get out more.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::heart:

Karen - what wonderful pictures! The hotel looks just beautiful! We spent a week in the Cornwall/Devon area when the girls were in their teens. We were sort of dreading taking two teenage girls on a trip like that but they LOVED it! We all did. Although Neil was disappointed that we couldn’t stay at Fawlty Towers. What a perfect place for a getaway! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Beautiful! Did you have a great time?

These few photos are of just general stuff. I thought you guys might find the red phone box interesting as our thread on the Epcot one cause’s much discussion!
This is a real working phone box, filthy and stinky as they nearly always are ( Bar the one at Epcot) as many inebriates use them as a public loo!

The small church photo is from St Ives, this church dates back to the 12th century- it’s still used regularly by the Parish of St Ives.

The large imposing cathedral is Truro Cathedral, and the carvings adorn the cathedral throughout. It really is a spectacular building.

The remote figure waving darkly on the shore is Paul:laugh:

Thank you Janice! I laughed about Fawlty Towers as Paul and Chelsey are huge fans of the show and they too would love to stay there x:laugh:

We did thank you Ginger! We can’t afford to do much this year holiday wise as DD is about to start a research Masters, so Disney is out of the question for a year maybe more. But we enjoyed this very much and the weather was kind which helps:happy:

Great Pics… I would love to visit the UK someday !!!

I know you guys are familiar with Gordon Ramsay, but is anyone familiar with Rick Stein? He is a chef here, renowned for his fish cusine. He has several places in the town of Padstow and we chose to eat at his fish and chip place. The food is out of this world, and although a little pricey, well worth it as a treat.
All the fish, crab lobster they serve is actually caught and landed on the day it’s served-

These photos were taken at a place called Hayle, Cornwall. It is a deserted swimming pool, which eerily reminded me of River Country. I think there is something decidedly spooky about deserted and derelict pools…:eek:

These are of Paul, my DD:wub:the laughing one is after many glasses of warm English beer…

And for my finale…these are my awwwwww ones my:heart::heart: or maybe my:blow::blow::blow: depending on your POV:laugh:
I like them anyway and after 28years together… kind of nice

And we’d love to see you! :heart:and we have lots and lots of that brown liquid hop stuff that you and the Boss seem to like so much… even though it’s warm:ohmy:

“Cod & Chips, Bread & Butter”:laugh: That is SO English! (you must eat up your bread and butter before you get a sweet!) And of course, a nice cup of tea!

And just “aww” to the heart in the sand!:wub:

Beautiful pictures!!! I especially like the ones in the sand!

[QUOTE=llama;1071766]“Cod & Chips, Bread & Butter”:laugh: That is SO English! (you must eat up your bread and butter before you get a sweet!) And of course, a nice cup of tea!

And just “aww” to the heart in the sand!:wub:[/QUOTE]

Yes Janice it is very English:laugh: and ‘Chalky’s Bark’ for those who dont want a nice cup of tea is a local beer:laugh: Chalky was Rick Stein’s beloved dog and when he passed to the great kennel in the sky the beer was in memoriam:happy:
Brewing up tribute to famous dog - Jack Russell Terrier UK

Aw thanks Peppertink:heart:

I loved it! Thanks for sharing. :heart:

DH loves Fawlty Towers, but I’m an As Time Goes By/Doctor Who kind of girl!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1071774]I loved it! Thanks for sharing. :heart:

DH loves Fawlty Towers, but I’m an As Time Goes By/Doctor Who kind of girl![/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrea:heart: As time goes by? is that the Judi Dench one? If so I love that too