You know you're a Disney Freak when

You (meaning me) actually get offended when one of your fellow pastry chefs only thinks Cinderella is a Disney Princess and the others on the card you are using to decorate a cake with are just her “helpers” (IE - Ariel, Belle, Snow White).

The highlight of my Saturday :cool:

For Shame!!! Hope you set them straight! :slight_smile:

My Disney pet peeve is when someone calls ‘Walt Disney World’ Disneyland. I always have to correct them on the spot and list the many differences between them.

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1008379]
My Disney pet peeve is when someone calls ‘Walt Disney World’ Disneyland. I always have to correct them on the spot and list the many differences between them.[/QUOTE]

I agree! i hate when they say ‘oh the disney world in florida or california’?..um there IS only 1 Disney world, thankyouverymuch!

Ah, these things kill me. How can people be so ignorant? :pinch: :laugh: I mean… it’s geography. I would consider the Disney parks landmarks.

or when they say disney world and mean Magic Kingdom, lol!!

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1008379]For Shame!!! Hope you set them straight! :slight_smile:

My Disney pet peeve is when someone calls ‘Walt Disney World’ Disneyland. I always have to correct them on the spot and list the many differences between them.[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOSH, ME TOO!! I hate it when people call Disneyland Disney World or Disney World Disneyland, I have to give them a WHOLE run-through of what makes them different (and the person is usually sorry they called the resort by its incorrect name once Im done with them, haha! Meaning, I can go on and on and on…), etc. Walt’s Original Disneyland is NOT Disney World and visa versa, I hate it when people do that…makes me cringe :pirate:

Haha, and yes, I set them more straight then a ruler :tongue:

Yes LANDMARKS I like that!
Another pet peeve, when I ask someone what cha think of the Animal Kingdom? And the reaction is (again) we only go to Disney. WHAT :ohmy:!
Do people not realize the WHOLE propery is Disney themed???
Do your reasearch people :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1008413]Yes LANDMARKS I like that!
Another pet peeve, when I ask someone what cha think of the Animal Kingdom? And the reaction is (again) we only go to Disney. WHAT :ohmy:!
Do people not realize the WHOLE propery is Disney themed???
Do your reasearch people :laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thats funny that you say that, because one thing that annoys me like there is no tomorrow is when people say “we’re going to Disney”. Why cant they just say Disney World? Or Walt Disney World? I know its because its easier to say “Disney” instead of Walt Disney World/Disney World, but regardless, just drives me insane!

I use to work for a bookstore and people would always come up with travel books for Disneyland… I was working at cash so really I was there last chance to get it right… so I would say… ‘oh so you’re going to California’ They’d look at me all stunned and say, ‘NO, I’m going to Florida.’ So I’d hand them back the book and say, ‘well then you are going to Disney World, not Land!’

I just admit that I’m a Disney Snob and let them deal with the aftermath of getting something so simple wrong and letting me call them on it… Really, if I’m investing that much money in anything let alone a trip I would at least know the correct name of where I’m wanting to go!

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1008437]I use to work for a bookstore and people would always come up with travel books for Disneyland… I was working at cash so really I was there last chance to get it right… so I would say… ‘oh so you’re going to California’ They’d look at me all stunned and say, ‘NO, I’m going to Florida.’ So I’d hand them back the book and say, ‘well then you are going to Disney World, not Land!’

[/QUOTE]I just admit that I’m a Disney Snob and let them deal with the aftermath of getting something so simple wrong and letting me call them on it… Really, if I’m investing that much money in anything let alone a trip I would at least know the correct name of where I’m wanting to go!

Could not have said it any better!! I am totally jacking “I’m a Disney snob”:laugh: I like that A LOT!

:laugh: No problem! Usually I correct what ever silly mistake they make about any easy common knowledge about Disney and then I just say, ‘I’m sorry but I’m a Disney Snob, which means I MUST go for at least this many days and MUST stay on site and MUST have hopper pass and MUST have a dinning plan. Or honestly I WON’T go!’

I also think it’s dumb when people stay off site when their whole reason for going down to Florida is just to go to WDW. People will tell me that their hotel is only ‘5 minutes from WDW’. I just roll my eyes and say NO… WDW is much bigger than that! I let them know that they are 5 minutes from the main gate but that it takes longer to get to any of the parks inside WDW. Then I tell them about all of the extras you get if you stay right on site. When my DH and I were engaged we talked about going down as the winter part of our honeymoon and he mentioned staying off site. I told him that I wouldn’t go then and I think he was a little surprised and decided that ok we’ll stay on site. Now he’s hooked and totally agrees it’s the only way to go. :wub:

We had a bonus trip this year where we went for husband’s conference-which was off site. We stayed at the Contemporary for 2 nights, and then we moved off international drive (near US) to the other hotel for the conference. We then continued our Disney vacation… the kids and I decided that we hated driving to the parks every day- and the kids were the most vocal about it… We are Disney snobs too, and we don’t go to other parks for any reason in Orlando…there is simply no reason for us to leave Disney property…

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1008505]:laugh: No problem! Usually I correct what ever silly mistake they make about any easy common knowledge about Disney and then I just say, ‘I’m sorry but I’m a Disney Snob, which means I MUST go for at least this many days and MUST stay on site and MUST have hopper pass and MUST have a dinning plan. Or honestly I WON’T go!’

I also think it’s dumb when people stay off site when their whole reason for going down to Florida is just to go to WDW. People will tell me that their hotel is only ‘5 minutes from WDW’. I just roll my eyes and say NO… WDW is much bigger than that! I let them know that they are 5 minutes from the main gate but that it takes longer to get to any of the parks inside WDW. Then I tell them about all of the extras you get if you stay right on site. When my DH and I were engaged we talked about going down as the winter part of our honeymoon and he mentioned staying off site. I told him that I wouldn’t go then and I think he was a little surprised and decided that ok we’ll stay on site. Now he’s hooked and totally agrees it’s the only way to go. :wub:[/QUOTE]

So true! I think they are the must have of any WDW Vacation:laugh::laugh:

I am going threw that exact thing w/ my in-laws. There’s about 5 familys going in June and only 1 of the 5 are staying in Disney. I just don’t get it:blink: They think they are saving a ton staying 5 min. away:huh:. Wait till there collage age sons start eating in the parks!!!
OR how about dinner! I’m just going to sit back at my snobby fancy resturants at night and hand over my DD card and watch my sister have a stroke when she gets her bill:laugh::laugh:. I tried explaining all the perks but noooooo no one wanted to listen to me!!

We went on a Florida vacation with another family, friends of ours. It was split between Universal and WDW. We stayed on site, and the friends off site. We had to wait, wait and more waiting for friends to show when we were doing a Disney park because it always took longer for them to get there. Then, when we were at Universal, I swear, one to two hours into it, each of my boys came up to me asking when we could go back to Disney.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1008539]So true! I think they are the must have of any WDW Vacation:laugh::laugh:

I am going threw that exact thing w/ my in-laws. There’s about 5 familys going in June and only 1 of the 5 are staying in Disney. I just don’t get it:blink: They think they are saving a ton staying 5 min. away:huh:. Wait till there collage age sons start eating in the parks!!!
OR how about dinner! I’m just going to sit back at my snobby fancy resturants at night and hand over my DD card and watch my sister have a stroke when she gets her bill:laugh::laugh:. I tried explaining all the perks but noooooo no one wanted to listen to me!![/QUOTE]

OMG I would never go without a ddp. Even if it was just the Counter Service Plan, it’s still at least something. One thing I loved when we were planning last time was going through the menus and booking the pricest places to go. It’s amazing how it all adds up.

Honestly if I went down there with a group and they didn’t want to stay on site I wouldn’t be waiting to meet up with them. I might say ok, we’ll meet for dinner or lunch but I’m not letting them hold me back.

But ok… you know your a Disney Freak when even when you’re talking about maybe going a year from now and you start to obsess about Orlando Temps and WDW crowds for that time of year. You start to plan out ADRs and look at airflights.

You’re 22 month old starts to hoard change so that she has something to spend down there. Last night she went crazy because I wouldn’t let her go up to her room to put a penny in her Disney Princess penny bank. Once I saw the little shiney penny in her hand I let her go though. And you start to praise her for picking out the same Disney resort (out of a book) that you want to stay at.

Would you believe that I’ve already put in an order to have an Princess dress made for when/if we go just incase I get an ADR for dinner at the Castle.
I’m actually picking out her clothes for next year that would work for going down to WDW. I found my Santa hat that says ‘Princess’ so I put in a special spot so I don’t loose it before I pack to go… if I get to go.

Oh my Gosh! We (my DD & I) have a huge collection of change! We roll it every year and that is our spending money. She also has a jar that says “Toni’s WDW Fund” on it and my Dad will put his change in or her uncle will throw a buck in here or there!

As for waiting for anyone :laugh: It’s already been put out there, “I wait for NO ONE!!!”
We rent a SUV’s when we go so the rule is:
AIS (*** in seat) in 5 min. and if your not in your seat, you take the bus and you have to find us when we get to the parks :laugh::laugh:
Way too many young girls having to have every hair in place before they can leave the room!

When you think you are going to have a panic attack if you don’t see Disney before the year ends.

Also, I always just say Disney, (I only go to WDW) and to me it is the only! Now if I go to DL then I will call that Disneyland, but I am utterly captivated by WDW and the snob in me feels everyone has to know I am going to Fl. LOL

When your children ask can they watch Disney with you and they don’t mean the movies, they mean things like Behind the scenes, docs on travel channel, podcasts etc, anything I can pull up on the net.

When you go every year with immediate family and have started a new tradtion of taking the extended family every two years. Our first trip with the extended fam was this month and I am already planning for Dec. 2011.

When you know you are in school working on another degree and you are wondering if school is going to get in the way of your Disney plans! I need some help! LOL I just need to hit the lottery!