Your favorite 2-credit restaurant?

DH and I booked Deluxe Dining (much to my small stomach’s chagrin) because we plan to spend most of our anniversary trip relaxing…and obviously, eating. :laugh:

I’m looking for recommendations on the most worthwhile 2-credit restaurants? Thoughts, opinions? Choices that [I]aren’t[/I] worth the 2 credits?

I’ve never been there but I have always wanted to try Jiko! And it’s in your resort. Also, California Grill gets a lot of food reviews and I’ve heard Narcossee’s is really good.

The atmosphere at California Grill is SO adult! PERFECT for a trip without the kiddos (even though we brought our kids there! :laugh:). Time it perfectly, and you can watch Wishes from your table…or the outdoor observation deck. TRULY BREATHTAKING!!! :wub:

Like Bella said, I have heard great things about Narcoosees. I have also heard awesome things about Yachtsman’s Steakhouse! Even Citrico’s is supposed to be good.

You are gonna have such a great eating trip!!! :happy:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;924208]The atmosphere at California Grill is SO adult! PERFECT for a trip without the kiddos (even though we brought our kids there! :laugh:). Time it perfectly, and you can watch Wishes from your table…or the outdoor observation deck. TRULY BREATHTAKING!!! :wub:

[/QUOTE]

I hate to disagree but when we went in the summer it was like a playground! We had an ADR for 9.30pm and didn’t get seated til 10.15pm. If the fireworks are early then book late. Everyone stays to watch the fireworks. When we were there there were babies alseep at the tables and the noise was unbearable you could hear what your partner was saying!
We loved CG before the dining plan it was a very adult place to eat but now I would give it a miss! Just my opinion!
Try artist point at the WL very peaceful and lovely food!

I’ve heard rave reviews about Artiste Point @ WL. I haven’t eaten there yet, but have an ADR there for my trip in Feb. After my trip, I’ll let ya know what I think!

Although I have yet to go to any 2-credit places, the ones that I’ve read that I’d love to try (and have great reviews) are Narcoosees and Jiko (since you’ll already be in AKL!)

I don’t think this is on your list of possibilities, but just in case it is… Avoid CRT at dinner. Yes you get free stuff but you are paying for the photos, not the food. The food was average at best. Definitely not worth the 2 credits.

I’ve also heard great things about Jiko.

I love Cali grill and Narcoossees!!! If you want to fulfill the child in you Cinderella’s Royal Table has good food but very kiddie! Another few favorites are le cellier in Epcot the chef’s de france is AMAZING escargo fabulous! and always love the coral reef… I am italian and have a very large family that loves to eat when we go to disney we have more fun at the resturants than anything else lol

Narcoosees and The Brown Derby are both really good.

[QUOTE=missy H;924228]I hate to disagree but when we went in the summer it was like a playground! We had an ADR for 9.30pm and didn’t get seated til 10.15pm. If the fireworks are early then book late. Everyone stays to watch the fireworks. When we were there there were babies alseep at the tables and the noise was unbearable you could hear what your partner was saying!
We loved CG before the dining plan it was a very adult place to eat but now I would give it a miss! Just my opinion!
Try artist point at the WL very peaceful and lovely food![/QUOTE]

Awww…I’m so sorry you were disappointed! We scheduled our ADR an hour before Wishes was scheduled. We were seated within 15 minutes of checking in so we had time to settle in before the fireworks. It was really perfect! We got THE best table in the place, facing MK. It was incredible! And to tell you the truth, there weren’t that many kids there. Yes, a few (including mine!) but not too many. I was so worried my kids would misbehave and everyone would be staring at me :huh:. Thank Goodness they were good that night! :happy:

I have heard good things about Narcoossees, Jiko, and Artist Point.

We love Narcoosees - watch the fireworks the electric boat parade and it romantic on the deck:wub:

California grill was nice especially the observation deck, but the food was a bit to posh nosh for us:ohmy:

we are doing artist point this upcoming trip due to all the reviews on mouse-buzz

Thank you! I appreciate info like this, because we kind of consider every restaurant at one point in time. Anything that helps us narrow down our choices is greatly appreciated!

CALIFORNIA GRILL!!!

The view of the Castle, the ambience, the food, watching Wishes on the terrace… :heart::wub: :happy::cool:

I ate here for my birthday Dec 07, and DD was with me, both of us had a great time!!! Would definately like to go back again!

How about Yachtsman Steakhouse?

I was just about to get on here and ask the same thing. :laugh:

Yes folks…how do we feel about Yachtsman?

Yachtsman Steakhouse always gets good reviews. We are going to try it next week. I’ll report back :smile:

Oooh yay, a recent report! Thanks Dopey, I look forward to it. :smile: