Your favorite AK Counter Service?

Hi all!

I am hitting up Animal Kingdom on the first day of my “Bonus” trip next month and will be grabbing a counter service lunch. I have ruled out Pizzafari because I have eaten there before and want to try someplace I haven’t tried before. So what is your favorite counter service at Animal Kingdom?

Karen

Flame Tree BBQ is one of our favorites. Lots of food for a good price and the ribs are always tender. For those of you who are french fried out, they have onion rings. If you go there though, it’s always very crowded in the sitting area just near. Go down the path to the left of the ordering station (when you are facing it) and keep walking down a ways. There are tons of table areas strewed throughout with great views of water, Expedition Everest, etc. A little more peaceful when eating.

Flame Tree is my favorite. I :heart: their smoked turkey sandwich, even with bbq sauce added. There are several seating areas and it’s all outdoor but next month the weather should be very nice for that. Try for a waterside table, just don’t feed the birds or you’ll have friends for life :laugh:

I agree with Beth, Flame Tree BBQ is one of the best places to eat in the park, and like she said there is some really nice seating in the lower area near the water. Another good one is Yak & Yeti, but I find this place to be “hit or miss” for the food quality and it is sometimes difficult to find a place to sit.

Here is another vote for Flame Tree. We love sitting by the water and watching Everest trains go up and down the mountain.

We liked Flame Tree - some more than others. I did like their pulled pork sandwich…Yak & Yeti Counterservice is pretty good too. We used to love the burgers at Restaurantosaurus, but their sponsors changed a couple of years ago and the burgers have gone straight downhill.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1130323]Hi all!

I am hitting up Animal Kingdom on the first day of my “Bonus” trip next month and will be grabbing a counter service lunch. I have ruled out Pizzafari because I have eaten there before and want to try someplace I haven’t tried before. So what is your favorite counter service at Animal Kingdom?

Karen[/QUOTE]

I have only eaten at one place in Animal Kingdom.

The Flame Tree Barbeque

Now I have pretty high standards, and usually don’t even do counter service in Disneyland or California Adventure. But it was a great place to eat for me, and I have heard nothing but good reviews from other mousebuzzers. :pirate:

FLAME TREE - It is my favorite counter service regardless of park. The birds hanging around my food freak me out a bit…but we are flame tree fans

Flame Tree is our regular stop each time in AK. I really wish they would bring back the picnic lunches they had for awhile.

Flame Tree for us! Everything we ate was yummy!

I like Yak and Yeti, but Flame Tree is pretty good too.

I’m a big Flame Tree fan too! I also like Yak & Yeti but as previously mentioned, finding seats can be really difficult. Restaurantosaurus has pretty standard Disney food (burgers and such), but I still love to eat there now and then just for the fun quirky atmosphere. :slight_smile:

I never had the chance to try the picnic lunch but it sounded great.

We also go to Flame Tree, although if it was terribly hot, I’m sure a place with AC would sound better.

Another vote for Flame Tree. The ribs are awesome,the turkey sandwich is the best.One time DW and I were sitting there and this duck would not leave us alone so DW tries to shoo it away and it nipped her on the leg.We laugh about it now but she has a fear of ducks and geese from her childhood so she was not happy.

I agree with most of the folks here with Flame Tree. I like the food and the dining area by the water. I haven’t tried Yak & Yeti, though I may try it on my next visit.

Thanks everyone!

The weird place near Harambe that is across from Y&Y where you turn right to go to Asia. is icky. I don’t think it even has a name???

Is it a restaurant or a food cart or what?

I’m trying to picture this…now I need to go look at a map!!! :laugh:

OK, as you walk toward Kilmanjaro Safaris, you go over the bridge and immediately get to a spot in the road where you can go right to walk along a jungly road to Asia. There is a refreshment stand on your immediate right, and it sells sodas and popcorn, etc. To you left is Y&Y and that outdoor bar. And on the far right side is the CS place I am talking about. It’s weird food that kids hate. And parents hate it too. But it does have a cool little courtyard tucked behind it where you can get a nice shady table. Lots of begging ducks and squirrels, but a cool courtyard.