Your favorites for big groups?

I am once again in the early stages of planning a big family trip. If everyone goes, it will be 16 of us in late June of 2014. I am wondering if anyone has favorite restaurants for big groups? We did Via Napoli, Mama Melrose, Chefs de France and ESPN last time as well as Boma and Tusker House for breakfast.

We will likely repeat Via Napoli and Boma (for breakfast) this time but I’d like to try some new places too.

Biergarten: Food, beer and a Omm pa pa band.
'nuff said about THAT.

We’re gonna try the brunch gig at Raglan Road this trip.

Liberty Tavern or Garden Grill! I haven’t been to either, but have read glowing reviews about both recently - and the food is served family-style, which is in keeping with your theme.:closedeye

Another vote for Ragland Road. Food is yummy, entertainment is provided during dinner and they do have some bench style seating that can accommodate groups.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1135549]Biergarten: Food, beer and a Omm pa pa band.
'nuff said about THAT.

We’re gonna try the brunch gig at Raglan Road this trip.[/QUOTE]

I always forget about Biergarten even though I like it everytime I go! That is a great suggestion. Thanks!

We were hoping to do the “Host the Roast” thing Raglan has now but I don’t think we can get everyone to agree on one meat. :laugh: But it is on the shortlist because my dad loves it there and the menu has a wide variety.

The Garden Grill is on my list of places I have never tried but really want to. I should look into it more - I think it is also a character meal which could be fun. Thanks!

Raglan is definitely on our consideration list! I have never had a bad meal there. Thanks!

Big groups? 'Ohana and Biergarten for sure. Probably Whispering Canyon as well.
I’d say those would be the best because of the added “fun” factors.

I don’t think Garden Grill works well for larger groups because you simply can not put tables together.

How about crystal palace.

We never go with big groups so I can’t really recommend, but I have seen larger groups at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1135560]Big groups? 'Ohana and Biergarten for sure. Probably Whispering Canyon as well.
I’d say those would be the best because of the added “fun” factors.

I don’t think Garden Grill works well for larger groups because you simply can not put tables together.[/QUOTE]

I personally LOVE Whispering Canyon and also think it would be tons of fun with a big group. However, one segment of my traveling party absolutely hated it when they ate there on a previous trip so it is out. :laugh: Just like Prime Time is out because a different segment of the group hated that. Ah, the joys of traveling with a lot of people!

We may try that for a character meal if people don’t want to repeat Tusker House. Thanks!

I have never done dinner at LIberty Tree, only lunch (which I loved!) so I will have to put that on the consideration list. Thanks!

Karen—I just remembered that LTI now has two different menus for lunch and dinner—I believe Dinner is fixed so you may want to check them both out online… :slight_smile:

I am sad that they took away the character meal there—it was THE best in the MK and we always could walk into it…

O’Hana for sure!

We had booked Ohana for our last big family trip and ended up cancelling the ADR as we felt like we were overbooking ourselves. I’ll have to look at it again. We have a couple of food allergies (nut and shellfish) in our group, so I have always been a bit concerned about that at O’hana - do they cook everything on one big grill?

We sat beside a large group with 5 different food issues. The chefs were unbelievable with them! One lady was deathly allergic to seafood but she had no problems. They assured her, her food would be prepared seperately. We personally don’t have any food issues so can’t personally say but they did a great job that would group.

Ok - you’re starting to make this a real challenge.:happy:

My favorite place to book my big groups are the following:

Biergarten (sp?)
Mama’s
'Ohana
Whispering Canyon
Raglan Road
Chef Mickey’s

Crystal Palace can be tricky because the larger tables are rounds and can’t be easily pushed together like a straight table. Also, it could present a flow problem for the characters.
Party of 8, yes. Party of more, no.
However, 1900 Park Fare has the ability to accommodate larger groups, now that I think about it.
In a similar vein, I’d say you can do a larger group at Kona Cafe.