Your stuff, while you're on the ride?

I’ve never been to WDW before, so I was wondering: When you’re on the ride at MK, what do you do with your stuff? I’ll be carrying a small/medium sized knapsack during the day (with the extra items being stored in a locker). Do they have you leave it when you get on the ride and you pick it up when you get off - if so, is this safe? Can you take it on the ride? Does it depend on the ride?

My only experience is with Six Flags, where people’s things get stollen so often they they now make you rent a locker at each ride.

On rides that it’s possible for things to go flying off they have little pouches just above your feet were you can store your items

Hope that helped. :happy:

Yep, like he said, little pouches for the small stuff… although they’ll actually hold quite a bit. I think otherwise I’ve just held things.

I’ve never seen items lined up on the floor like I remember seeing at Six Flags years and years ago.

Well most of the rides are not that fast and you can carry on your stuff with you. Certain rides to watch out for are the expedition everest, rockin’ roller coaster, and tower of terror because there isn’t really anywhere to put your stuff. Most other rides the cars are spacious enough to carry on your belonging or put them by your feet. What I usually do is take my book bag on the ride and put it on the floor and wrap the straps around my ankles and hold it down with my feet… then I know my bag isn’t going anywhere. Hope that helps a little.

My pouch during the RnRC held two bags and my cap. :cool:
I’m impressed:laugh:

Expedition Everest and RnRC both had pouches :huh:

for each ride we went on we jsut held our bags. Depending on how large ur backpack is and how full it is you may be able to jsut leave it on your back. They let me do that with mine but it was fairly small.

You can just hold it on several rides. On the faster rides where you’ll need to hold on, there are little net thinggies in front of your feet to put your “stuff”.

The net pocket holds quite a lot. We have never seen people leave their stuff behind. Probably because most rides pick you up in one place and let you off in another. With a medium-sized bag I think you will not have any problems.

We don’t go on the fast rides, so I carry everything on (I have a large canvas bag) and put it at my feet! Can’t wait until the DDs are bigger so I can carry less! :happy:

[QUOTE=valerie_c;857852]I’ve never been to WDW before, so I was wondering: When you’re on the ride at MK, what do you do with your stuff? I’ll be carrying a small/medium sized knapsack during the day (with the extra items being stored in a locker). Do they have you leave it when you get on the ride and you pick it up when you get off - if so, is this safe? Can you take it on the ride? Does it depend on the ride?

My only experience is with Six Flags, where people’s things get stollen so often they they now make you rent a locker at each ride.[/QUOTE]

Many Disney thrill rides do not end where they start (Space mountain, RnRCoaster, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror). Most rides are tame enough that guests with backpacks and oversized bags can take them along. With small exception, they do not let you leave your stuff on the ride platform awaiting your return.
The best parks for leaving stuff behind are generally Cedar Fair’s parks where they have storage bins for each seat on each train, and they only make your train’s bins available when your train is in the station, and their CM’s do pay attention.
But we’re talking Disney parks, and as I said, most rides are tame enough that you can bring your bags along.

Welcome to Mousebuzz and congratulations on your first WDW trip!:happy:

As most others have said, you have room for your backpack, etc. in the ride with you. Make sure you use the mesh bags on the wild rides. You should have no problem at all with a small to medium pack.

Never leave your stuff unattended.

I’ve never been on Splash Mountain :ohmy: and am wondering what to do about my camera. I do have a camera bag but not sure how waterproof it is. I guess there are many variables that determine how wet you get.

If you’re sitting in the front seats you are bound to get wet. Try to sit on the left side of the log. It doesn’t seem to get as wet as the right side. If you have a backpack, just tuck your camera in there and put it at your feet. We’ve never had our camera get wet on SM.

My family always carries a small/medium sized back pack at Disney. We take it on all rides with us, fast and slow. Slow paced rides are easy and we just hold it on our laps or at our feet. Fast paced rides can be a little trickier. I have used the pouches, but prefer to put the straps around a leg and hold it with feet, between the legs or in my hands. I am so afraid that things will fall out of the pouches.

It’s better to be safe than sorry with a camera. Storing it in a back pack will work, but it may not be guaranteed to be waterproof.

Carrying a small plastic bag (from the grocery store or from a Disney shop) to put your camera in would be a better idea. I usually carry ponchos in my back pack just in case it rains. Using the poncho to keep the camera dry works just as well.

For Splash, it’s not tha tbig of a deal, but you can always just take a ziploc back and stick the camera in.

BUT – Kali River Rapids has a huge compartment for everyone’s stuff, and it is a TOTAL JOKE! On the rafts I have been on, there has been a ton of water sloshing around inside the compartment, and everyone laughs about it…

DH always carries around a backpack, not much in it, but it’s never in the way on rides.

We carry our bag on the rides, on the faster rides we use the mesh bags.
I second the zip lock bag for the camera,I carry a few extra zip locks in my little back pack(camera,sunblock,2 water botles,and zip locks)just in case the kids don’t finish there lunch.I can have it for them when they get hungry again in about a hour.

[QUOTE=dh464;858000]We carry our bag on the rides, on the faster rides we use the mesh bags.
I second the zip lock bag for the camera,I carry a few extra zip locks in my little back pack(camera,sunblock,2 water botles,and zip locks)just in case the kids don’t finish there lunch.I can have it for them when they get hungry again in about a hour.[/QUOTE]

Hey that’s a good tip! I’m putting ziplocs in my bag . . . cuz I always wrap it in napkins and it gets gross! :blow: