Yowzah... Just called for reservations

I needed to book a regular non-DVC room at a moderate resort for a quick trip in May with my mom… and holy cannoli, the prices are sooooo high! Once you get used to DVC, it is VERY hard to book a regular room. I just odn’t know if I can do it!

I think this calls for buying a few more points, because paying cash at this point is really tough!

I hear ya. I can’t imagine having to pay rack rate for a deluxe resort after a few DVC trips. We have talked about booking a weekend at the front or back end of a trip to save points but I don’t want to pay for it.

So, which resort are your new point going to come from?

We did that this past Dec. We saved last years points for this year because we taking Mom down and wanted larger accomodations. We stayed at Pop. The package price wasn’t bad but the accomodations were, well, not DVC. Yes, I’m spoiled and I told my husband that if for whatever reason we can’t stay at DVC then we don’t go.

Dang, I wish I could say that to Mike.

@ MissDis, and what’s really baffling is the fact that $149. for a moderate room does not even include a ugly mirror. You know of what I speak, the kind of mirror that points out every little detail. In any other motel/hotel, you’ll find those but not at Disney.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014194]I needed to book a regular non-DVC room at a moderate resort for a quick trip in May with my mom… and holy cannoli, the prices are sooooo high! Once you get used to DVC, it is VERY hard to book a regular room. I just odn’t know if I can do it!

I think this calls for buying a few more points, because paying cash at this point is really tough![/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Oh,did you get the 30% off discount WDW has or did you use the DVC discount?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014194]I needed to book a regular non-DVC room at a moderate resort for a quick trip in May with my mom… and holy cannoli, the prices are sooooo high! Once you get used to DVC, it is VERY hard to book a regular room. I just odn’t know if I can do it!

I think this calls for buying a few more points, because paying cash at this point is really tough![/QUOTE]

Did you see the discounts listed on Mousesavers? There might be something for your dates there…

DisneyTeacher, I think the smartest would be to ask for more points at BWV with the same contract month we already have.

Dopey, I wish I could get a room for $149 – I was only able to get it down to $179. I was asking the website: “Are you kidding me?”

Star and Leslie, I will have to hunt down those offers you mentioned. Whew. Holy smokes I am stunned. Just stunned.

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

Leslie, thank you so very much. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that before – you’d think I had never booked a WDW trip before.

And to top it off as a totally embarrassing “duh moment,” I have an AP and that rate was the best of all! I got the room for $107.10 and that is fine by me! YAY! :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014280]WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

Leslie, thank you so very much. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that before – you’d think I had never booked a WDW trip before.

And to top it off as a totally embarrassing “duh moment,” I have an AP and that rate was the best of all! I got the room for $120 and that is fine by me! YAY! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Good job, that’s much better. I don’t mind paying $120 for a room, that’s not out of line.

It doesn’t take long to get out of the habit of looking for discounts, does it?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014280]WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

And to top it off as a totally embarrassing “duh moment,” I have an AP and that rate was the best of all! I got the room for $107.10 and that is fine by me! YAY! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of service- gotta use the discounts you are eligible for!! I am a big fan of Mousesavers. Before we owned DVC, I used codes from that website for every WDW trip.

$107 is amazing compared to $179!

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1014287]Good job, that’s much better. I don’t mind paying $120 for a room, that’s not out of line.

It doesn’t take long to get out of the habit of looking for discounts, does it?[/QUOTE]

True! We actually just got the email confirmation, and the nightly rate including taxes and all that will be $120.49. Not bad!

I just did the math on the pre-tax rate, and it all worked out to be about 60 percent of the room rate I was getting online! Gotta love the APs! This one card has saved us quite a bit…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1014269]DisneyTeacher, I think the smartest would be to ask for more points at BWV with the same contract month we already have.

Dopey, I wish I could get a room for $149 – I was only able to get it down to $179. I was asking the website: “Are you kidding me?”

Star and Leslie, I will have to hunt down those offers you mentioned. Whew. Holy smokes I am stunned. Just stunned.[/QUOTE]

We’ve been thinking the same thing. On this website Disney Vacation Club Resales by DVC By Resale you can sign up for a newsletter. They send you new listings for DVC resale. Times are tough. Alot up for sale at great prices!

that does seem like a relaly good company!

But I think we will go through our DVC guide – she was so lovely, and I think we only want about 25 more points or so. I think that’s the minimum you can buy directly from Disney, and only if you pay cash. I think if you finance, you have to buy a minimum of 50 points.