Zebra Domes

I was wondering, did the recent salmonella outbreak affect the zebra domes at Boma? As in, are they still serving them? Anybody been recently?

Not yet, but I will go and check it out, just because you asked. they said on TV that only the pastes are in trouble, not the jars, ya know? I bet they make them with p-butter from 55 gallon drums :wink:

I can pick some up and drop them out of the plane as soon as we fly over your neighborhood on Feb. 1. Be on the look out

[QUOTE=Dopey;926828]Not yet, but I will go and check it out, just because you asked. they said on TV that only the pasts are in trouble, not the jars, ya know? I bet they make them with p-butter from 55 gallon drums :wink:

I can pick some up and drop them out of the plane as soon as we fly over your neighborhood on Feb. 1. Be on the look out[/QUOTE]

Okey dokey. I will be ready with my little basket. :slight_smile:

Such a good friend.:angel:

[QUOTE=Dopey;926828]Not yet, but I will go and check it out, just because you asked. they said on TV that only the pasts are in trouble, not the jars, ya know? I bet they make them with p-butter from 55 gallon drums :wink:

I can pick some up and drop them out of the plane as soon as we fly over your neighborhood on Feb. 1. Be on the look out[/QUOTE]

Now that is friendship!:flowers:

Well, that’s meeee :whistling

Is it just me, or was anyone esle completely surprised to see how small the Zebra Domes are? I sort of had expected them to be the size of a Hostess SnoBall…

And oh so humble!!!:tongue:

that’s meeeeee :angel:

I didn’t see them on the FDA list. I just had to check to see if the ton of granola bars I bought for our DD’s basketball team was on the list. We’re good.:biggrin:

That list keeps growing and growing! Thats what got me thinking about the zebra domes.

I’m stumped! There isn’t any peanut butter in Zebra Domes!

ingredient list:

1 pound milk chocolate
¼ cup espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
6 sheets gelatin
½ cup Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups heavy cream
¾ cup white chocolate ganache
¼ cup dark chocolate ganache
sponge cake (store-bought or your favorite recipe)

Is there something else that has been recalled?

ok ok, what is a zebra dome?

[QUOTE=rlb;926846]I’m stumped! There isn’t any peanut butter in Zebra Domes!

ingredient list:

1 pound milk chocolate
¼ cup espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
6 sheets gelatin
½ cup Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups heavy cream

Is there something else that has been recalled?[/QUOTE]

I was going to say…I didn’t think they had peanut butter?! :huh: Am I missing something?

They make them small so you don’t feel guilty about eating 5…lol

[QUOTE=rlb;926846]I’m stumped! There isn’t any peanut butter in Zebra Domes!

ingredient list:

1 pound milk chocolate
¼ cup espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
6 sheets gelatin
½ cup Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups heavy cream

Is there something else that has been recalled?[/QUOTE]
heehee, I was thinking that too but then I thought I was wrong. Thanks for making me feel better - I don’t like peanut butter.

Well now, I just checked over at Allears, and there is no peanut butter listed. HOWEVER I know while at Boma, I was told by a cm that peanut butter was an ingredient!!

Oh well. I guess, in the words of the great Emily Latella, nevermind.

I was SHOCKED! :eek: I was looking for this great big massive delight - and I could hardly see it! Oh, run me off of MB - I just don’t think they’re that great. I much prefer the banana bread pudding.:wub:

They’re these little cakey things that they have at the AK. It’s like a sort of mousse, sitting on a little sponge cake, covered with a white chocolate coating with zigzags (hence the zebra part) of dark chocolate on top. They’re ok - but I’m in the minority. Most get positively ga-ga over them.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;926962]
Oh well. I guess, in the words of the great Emily Latella, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh: I got blank stares last week when I invoked her name!! I loved Gilda…

She was one of a kind!