Zombie threads

Actually we’re called the Biggest Littlest State in the Union…
:huh:

Is a follow-up considered resurrecting a zombie thread? I know I saw someone asking others about Disneyland Hotels as they were intending to go at Disneyland, and I wondered how their experience was… :huh:

That being said, I know of some other websites where threads are locked up so that members can no longer post comments. I believe that might be wise, especially if a zombie thread appears, then a moderator can do the voodoo that they do so well. Removing a thread is so, um, like the actions of the secret police… :pinch:

TIME OUT!!!
For You!

I am really trying hard not to get my feeling hurt by this… Why would you jack this thread?

I’ll just ignore the zombies. You all just go on confusing members who are looking for CURRENT information that may pertain to a trip they are planning.

Dana, don’t take it personally. :flowers: We really do appreciate you. :wub:

I see that DisneyTeacher has already locked another thread that got Zombied.

That’s even better than deleting old threads as it doesn’t prevent anyone from searching or take away from post counts but it will kill the :eek: zombies :eek:

Is it POSSIBLE to kill zombies?!? Maybe keep them from rising from the graveyards of long dead and forgotten forums! :biggrin:

If the mods review their forums and lock the the threads that don’t have any reason to be revisited or bumped that’s even better as it keeps the zombies from being brought back to life in the first place.

Honestly, we don’t have time to do that so that’s why we are asking members to police themselves and stop bumping threads to just be silly. I can’t imagine how big a job it would be for each mod to go all the way back to 2001 and read every thread and decide if it should be locked or left open.

There is no harm in starting a new thread to ask a question.

What, you can’t go back through say CHIT CHAT? :laugh:

I don’t know if if would be possible to set up an archive fiolder. That way the threads would still be topic searchable but harder to find. Maybe even lock entire folder?

Just being able to lock a zombied thread will help. Thanks Steph.

I admit to digging up stuff - trying to be entertaining. I was bored. I didn’t think about confusing people. Point taken, I’ll stop.

I promise to be good. Sorry for any problems I inadvertently caused. Please feel free to email me or pm to tell me when I’m being bad.

… I will ask if this is possible again. How about if mickey sets it up so that any thread with no new posts in 6 months (or however long!) can be resurrected, but it automatically goes into a new specially-designated forum area… maybe call it “Oldies But Goodies,” or something like that?
That way, everyone can “dig up the dead” as much as they like, but they will automatically get routed into a forum specifically dedicated to the old threads?

Mickey said he is going to set it so threads will auto lock after a set time. I don’t know what that time is but I’m sure he will decide that.

Sorry I did not know about this new rule.

This more pertains to threads that are brought up just to bring them up. The posts you have brought up can be added to. It’s when the information is years old and confusing to memebers. No worries.

[QUOTE=Dana;742201]I am really trying hard not to get my feeling hurt by this… Why would you jack this thread?

I’ll just ignore the zombies. You all just go on confusing members who are looking for CURRENT information that may pertain to a trip they are planning.[/QUOTE]

This just happened to us. We’re planning for a trip in a few weeks and I came across a thread about it’s a small world being closed. That’s one of DH’s fav’s from his youth and he was a lil bummed until I went back and told him it was an old message.

You can always claim that the Zombies ate your brains. :laugh:

We had a spell that LOTS of old things were being unearthed.

Ok, I have to ask … is a zombie thread about zombie threads redundant?

Better yet - Who’s on first?

Where am I ??? Heeeeeeeeeeeelp !!! I’m sooooooooo confused… :eek:
( I’ve fallen and I can’t get up … )

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1076795]You can always claim that the Zombies ate your brains. :laugh:

We had a spell that LOTS of old things were being unearthed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I felt so bad. I use to be a very regular member and after breaking a rule I felt I should run away and never look back.
My crime was the Confession about singing along in IASW. Someone though the ride was in rehab. Which was not why I began that thread so very long ago… I began it because Dixie and I embarrassed the kids and hubby’s by singing along.

[QUOTE=tinkerbell;1076850]Thank you, I felt so bad. I use to be a very regular member and after breaking a rule I felt I should run away and never look back.
My crime was the Confession about singing along in IASW. Someone though the ride was in rehab. Which was not why I began that thread so very long ago… I began it because Dixie and I embarrassed the kids and hubby’s by singing along.[/QUOTE]

DW loves that stupid ride. Last trip I think I made a CM’s day. Old guy looked to be 70s at the entrance…cool name though…Richard. Told him that DW promised me SEX if I’d go on the ride with her. :laugh:

If you can’t embarrass a wife, why have one? :whistling :angel:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1076876]DW loves that stupid ride. Last trip I think I made a CM’s day. Old guy looked to be 70s at the entrance…cool name though…Richard. Told him that DW promised me SEX if I’d go on the ride with her. :laugh:

If you can’t embarrass a wife, why have one? :whistling :angel:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1076833]Ok, I have to ask … is a zombie thread about zombie threads redundant?

Better yet - Who’s on first?[/QUOTE]

Yes :laugh: